History

Electrical Services Company Since 1946

1946 Wayne Willis, then electrical superintendent for Bechtel Corp. and then-partner, purchases Contra Costa Electric.
1951 Henry Dias joins the company.
1952 The business relocates to 615 Escobar Street in Martinez. Chevron’s Richmond Refinery supplies Contra Costa Electric with a lot of work. We open our first branch office in Richmond, at 124 Florida.
1953 Company becomes incorporated on April 10, 1953.
1962 CCE is purchased by Henry Dias. From 1946 to the present day, CCE Management remains in the family. Henry retires in 1994, and Henry’s son, Michael Dias, continues as Executive Vice President. Michael is currently President / CEO of Contra Costa Electric.  
1979 CCE closes the Richmond office and relocates back to a temporary location in Martinez.
1983 CCE relocates to its new home and present location at 825 Howe Road.
1985 Bakersfield branch office opens.
1991 CCE is purchased and is now one of the Dynalectric Companies owned by JWP.  his purchase provides the bonding and additional capital for us to continue to grow and provide the additional services needed in our electrical industry.
1994 JWP undergoes reorganization and the new holding corporation became EMCOR Group, the largest electrical and mechanical contractor in the United States. CCE is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR
1999 CCE obtains ISO:9001 Certification. This entails in-depth reviewing, refining, and documenting top-to-bottom and company-wide procedures and practices to “say what we do and do what we say” to assure we provide quality product and services for our clients.
2000 Fresno branch office opens.
2005 Mentoring program is developed to assist small and disadvantaged businesses.
2008

Develop on-site prefabrication facility.

2009

Design Build and Preconstruction Group upgrade to include use of BIM technology.

2009 CCE completes first LEED Gold project. The Richmond Civic Center Project is awarded the top honor in the Design Build Rehabilitation/Renovation/Restoration category by the Western Region DBIA. 
2010 CCE expands area of service to San Francisco. 
2010 Renewable Energy Department is formed to address our state’s solar/alternative energy needs.  
2011 CCE completes first LEED platinum project for the El Cerrito Recycling Center - a status only achieved by 2-3% of all LEED buildings.
2014 CCE obtains Nevada Contractors License.