Our Safety Program
Contra Costa Electric is committed to life safety in facilities operations and in the workplace. This commitment is demonstrated through our full time safety personnel, monthly safety committee meetings, and safety incentives.
Our Safety Program consists of:
- Employee orientation and handbook
- Employee-training program for special equipment or tasks such as forklifts, aerial lifts, confined space entry, trench work, etc.
- Thorough accident/incident investigation program
- Weekly safety meetings on each job
- Substance abuse testing when required and strict enforcement of our substance abuse policy on all projects
- Employee Safety Incentive Program rewards for thinking and working safely
- Safety Department and upper management participation in field safety audits
These program elements have assisted us in keeping our OSHA ratio and our Experience Modification Rates low, giving us one of the best contractor safety records in California