John Muir Medical Center 5-Story Hospital & Remodel, CONCORD, CA
SCOPE OF SERVICES
New 5 story Hospital with basement - 172,370 s.f. This new Tower will consist of 49 Medical/Surgical beds, 12 ICU beds with future addition of 16-28.
Our scope of work included:
- Installation of a new 21kv switchgear to feed the new Towers 4000-amp main switchgear and all down stream distribution boards and panels.
- New 21kv switchgear will also tie into the existing hospitals 21kv gear to feed the existing John Muir Hospital.
- A new 3000-amp breaker will be added the existing 6000-amp emergency backup switchgear in the central utility plant to feed a new 3000-amp emergency switchgear in the new Tower along with all down stream distribution boards and panels.
- Contra Costa Electric installed a new fire alarm system in the new Tower along with remodeling the existing buildings "A&B" with a updated fire alarm system and tie it into the existing system. CCE will install conduit only for all other systems such as security, Data, nurse call etc.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) was used for coordination.