Contra Costa Electric designed and installed a complete voice and data cabling network for District 7 Headquarters of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans).
We provided a cutting-edge voice and data network across more than 700,000 square feet of space. We were proud to contribute to this groundbreaking project, which won a Pritzker Architecture Prize for its innovative, environmentally-friendly design and was featured on the History Channel program Modern Marvels.
Caltrans sought to build a headquarters that would not only meet the practical needs of their organization, but also promote environmental sustainability and contribute to the vibrancy of downtown Los Angeles.
We installed category 6 cable for data and voice to over 8,000 workstations on sixteen floors. Additional electrical solutions included:
- Single-mode and multimode fiber riser cabling
- Large pair count copper cabling
- One main distribution frame (MDF) buildout
- 17 intermediate distribution frame (IDF) buildouts
- Two data centers equipped with copper and fiber cabling
- Over 70 cabinets and hardware equipment
Caltrans manages more than 50,000 miles of highway and freeway, provides inter-city rail services, and permits hundreds of airports and heliports across the state of California.