Contra Costa Electric streamlined installation of switchgear and breakers, fire alarm systems, and conduits for all other security, voice, and data systems.
Diligent scheduling and close cooperation amongst contractors were essential for the successful completion of this new five-story, 172,370-square-foot hospital tower. Our extensive knowledge of hospital electrical systems, combined with our use of advanced BIM for service delivery planning, was an essential contribution, helping keep the project on schedule and within budget.
In order to better serve their patients and community, John Muir Health sought to construct a new, state-of-the-art hospital tower at their campus in Concord that would consist of 49 medical/surgical beds and 12 intensive care unit beds, with a planned addition of another 16-28 beds.
During the project, we provided a full suite of electrical installation services, including:
- 21-kilovolt switchgear feeding 4000-amp main switchgear and all downstream distribution boards and panels
- Switchgear ties into the medical campus’s existing gear
- 3000-amp breaker added to existing emergency backup switchgear
- 3000-amp emergency switchgear in new tower and all downstream distribution boards and panels
- New fire alarm systems, as well as the renovation of the medical campus’s existing system
- Conduits for security, data, nurse call, and more
John Muir Medical Center, Concord, is a 244-bed acute care facility, serving Contra Costa and southern Solano counties. A part of the larger John Muir Health network of hospitals, the Center is considered one the region’s preeminent medical providers.